I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :)

All Posts
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Rune , Location: Norway Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 06:38 AM
    ----
Well, I just wanted to say hi to clowns online here..

No abracadabra, but let me know if it might be something we will use and I will make a better one..

Clowchat

#2: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 06:58 AM
    ----
eheeheeheheee

#3: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:18 AM
    ----
Who hosts that, Woodhead?

I've been playing around with IRC and have set up the channel #CLOWNguild on Quakenet.

I've also installed an IRC module for this site so you can check it out.

CLOWN IRC chat

#4: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Rune , Location: Norway Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:37 AM
    ----
well.. that first one kind of sucked so I made a new one.. or.. found a superb script Smile At least it does what it's supposed to this time.. Check it out Smile
I host it, ade.. along with several other domains..

The new and improved:
Clownchat again.. Smile

#5: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:39 AM
    ----
OK well I don't mind which one we use Smile I'll put a link to yours in the sidebar.

#6: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:40 AM
    ----
Um yours isn't working for me (running latest Firefox) Sad I say something and it doesn't appear.

#7: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Rune , Location: Norway Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:43 AM
    ----
now thats strange.. using the latest ff my self and working here.. try it again, I am in there now.

Edit:

argh... having the same problems after a little while ade..

Though ircchannels are fine for nerds like you and me, I think an easy webchat will be more used.. One has to sign certificats and stuff to get to a irc server..

#8: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 07:48 AM
    ----
Nah this web based IRC client is very easy to use. You don't even have to type your username - it uses your logged in name. Give it a try.

#9: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 09:54 AM
    ----
Tried out a couple of chat clients and all are pretty rubbish TBH. I'm gonna just stick with the IRC one for the time being, even though it requires people to click "Yes" when asked to authorise installation of the software on their machine.

Woodhead, I'll put a link to yours on the side too so people can use it, if that bug is fixed Smile

#10: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 01:17 PM
    ----
irc doesn't work for me Very Happy

#11: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 01:17 PM
    ----
What's it do?

I don't much like it cos it requires a plugin Sad

#12: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 01:28 PM
    ----
only a red cross in the upper left corner appears ...

my computer is totally screwed up though, so no worries..

I cant add or remove programs at all because of system reboots!! Razz

#13: Re: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 08:37 AM
    ----
I've given up fiddling with the IRC module, it wasn't very good anyway.

Wood's got a new flash chat which is linked on the sidebar now. I don't think people will end up using it (i've yet to see a busy web-based chat room on ANY website) but it's there if you want to Wink

#14: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 02:14 PM
    ----
Update: Yes this is an old topic, but the flash chat now is embedded in an iFrame so is a bit more integrated. Go to www.clownguild.org/ind...=clownchat to use it Smile

#15: I just wanted to say hi.. so I made a chat :) Author: Minimon , Location: Oslo Norway Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 02:06 PM
    ----
HELLO! Very Happy This is a "Hello" chat right?? Razz

Forum IndexClown Hall
Page 1 of 1