Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)
Sun Mar 31, 2024
Event Easter

Mon Apr 01, 2024
Event April Fools Day

Gloom: CLOWN Discord! check out details on CLOWN facebook !
23-Mar-2019 23:28:09
Gloom: https://www.facebo ok.com/groups/clow nguild/
23-Mar-2019 22:31:46
Gloom: Fallout 76 !!!
16-Dec-2018 01:22:10
Lavida: Any Clowns in Lords Mobile?
26-Sep-2018 07:56:39
Romano: Bring In The Clowns!!!
03-Sep-2018 21:37:47
Gloom: Rock ya
06-Aug-2018 16:45:24
Lavida: Hallo everyone long time no see ..
21-Jul-2018 06:15:33
cleo: Damn I miss you all.
16-Jun-2018 03:05:27
cleo: Ah they live!!
16-Jun-2018 03:03:00
Gloom: Here! Very Happy
09-Jun-2018 15:55:06
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Circus Forums › CLOWN › Clown Hall › Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Thoughts about leaving this guild....
General CLOWN Forum. Talk about anything regarding CLOWN and anything else.
<
1 2 3 4
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
Autowash
The Generous
The Generous

Autowash

CLOWN

Post Post subject: Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:04 PM

I come back to the reason of the post and have to agree with the fact that we need to help each others "a bit" more.
I see too often poeple asking help followed by silence.
If i remember good, poeple like Poluxx took weeks to have Kara key just because noone answered at his request to do instances or BM.
Annabella is also trying to have Kara key and do it with pug because of the non answering clowns.
I know its not always funny to do an instance for the 12th time when you have no personnal reason to go there, but clown must be helpfull.
I am sometimes also not in the mood to help (and i blame nobody in particular or even feel like an allways helpfull angel) but we should try to help ppl having what some of us already have.

Maybe trying to make some "helping night" would be usefull ( wednesday could be a day used to make instances for Kara Key or lvling instances).
And even if you think we dont need to do these instances at all because we dont have anything to grind there i answer : gold (greed is good) and enchanting mats (dreaming dust is tasty) are allways usefull.

One last thing : i hate poeple who only help when they have personal interest. If you dont want to help, dont ask "wich quest?" when help is needed, just say "i have time" or "sorry not at the moment", its really painfull to see poeple being selfish and refusing help with the answer "i already finished that sry".

I hope ill hurt noone with this post, just BRING IN THE CLOWN!

Last edited by Autowash on Mon May 07, 2007 05:09 PM; edited 2 time in total
Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Post Post subject: Re: Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:05 PM

[quote="redbilly"]Firstly

Secondly

Woodie, The casual section has a leader or am I wrong was he not elected to kick things off such as find out who want to raid who is not in the raid section. What is the point posting here when we have no clue who are casual members because as you and others have said when your not raiding your gathering herbs etc etc which is totally understandable.So having raid section members sign for casual raids is not to be expected. That is also understandable.What is annoying is that asking if anyone wants to do an instance gets SILENCE unless you are a raid team member and then a raid is set up in minutes. Its great that CLOWN are raiding seriously and it seems to be going really well. But us who Sorrowful deems not good enough have no way of getting better with no raiding and thats how it is now if your not in the raid team.

I couldn't agree more

And by the way Wood......how come that the raid sections raids are set up by the raid guildmaster, when us in the casual section have to be grown ups and do it ourselves?!!

Lightrunner
The Last
The Last

Lightrunner

CLOWN
Administrator
Supporter

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:08 PM

Sorry people I've clearly been very remiss.
I've been online a lot more than normal over the past two weeks but haven't picked up on any of this - forgive me or fire me whichever makes you happier Smile

Personally I struggle to get a group too - I'm quite possibly the slowest levelling Clown that ever was and as a Holy spec priest soloing isn't something I find easy.

As casual GM I see it as my role to help YOU find answers to problems like this, no one person is strong enough to fix things for you but I'm prepared to rupture a disc helping you find a way to make things better.
I'm not directing this answer to anyone who's posted in this thread, more at anyone who's reading it still.
As far as I know there is no 'list' of casual Clowns, there is almost certainly a 'list' of raiding Clowns so if you're not in that one, you're in the other. But I think that if something is being organised of the 'shoeless' variety then it's open to everyone or at the very least at the discretion of the person organising it - there doesn't need to be a list of people who you can invite, anyone can come (or am I missing something?)

As I've said, this is the first I've been aware of the 'unhappiness' that seems so prevalent - it'd be easy for me to feel that I'm being criticised here but I've decided to not take that approach. I've received no mails, pms or whispers yet I've played with plenty of different clowns over the past two weeks (depending on which of you are prepared to step down to my level for an hour or two Wink )
If you wanted a casual GM to arrange a lot of fun events for you and tell you who was going to be grouping with who and where you were going to go then I didn't read the application form properly - sorry.

Please keep talking about this.... let it be known what your frustrations are.
I will do everything that I can to help, I will try to use those of you who have skills to bridge the gaps that exist in the fun filled lunacy and dance to distract you where there are still gaps for now.
We have the Clowning at the end of the week and that's taken up most of my spare thinking time - there's also a few other things going on but the docs aren't sure what yet Very Happy

Pagor
The Suicidal
The Suicidal

Pagor

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:26 PM

Yada Yada Yada...

AIRBORNE !!

Currahee
ulfberg
The One and Only
The One and Only

ulfberg

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:37 PM

I dont like the fact that Alessi and mags seems to enjoy when others express that they are not happy in clowns.. Do you want many others to feel that way because YOU did not make it into the raidteam? Pls stop already. We went trough all this when we wanted to merge the 2 guilds. It will be persons that can not make the raiding team. Sad for them. If you want to raid post something about it and of it goes.. Logging in asking for group will at many times not give you a group and if you know if wont why not make a post for the things you need done and gather a group.. Hell call me if you need to and Ill help you Smile

Regards

Ulf

The Rune
The Rune

Rune

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 05:46 PM

Alessi wrote:

And by the way Wood......how come that the raid sections raids are set up by the raid guildmaster, when us in the casual section have to be grown ups and do it ourselves?!!
oh please... Because it is not getting done by any! Instead you complain!

Re. keeping things silent..
Well, Alessi.. You and I had this discussion before and you know my view on it. But there is a time or place for everything and clown at it's current state is not the time nor place for posts like this imo.
And I did not say that you should quiet it down. All worries or problems should be taken care of, but Light is the man you adress these things to first. Then take notice of the actions taken and if they not are satifactory then you can go out like you did here. This is the way I would like to se it being done at least.

---
Aoc: Wood - 80 Barbarian - Wolcom - 80 Demonologist - Vincenta - 80 Priest of Mitra
Wow: Woodhead - 70 rogue - Tinka - 70 druid - Woodster - 70 Shaman (All retired)
Lightrunner
The Last
The Last

Lightrunner

CLOWN
Administrator
Supporter

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 06:03 PM

ermm I can't lead you myself cause I'd get killed on the way to the instance.... but I'm trying to set something up.... i literally found out that there was a problem 24 mins ago.

I only know what people tell me... and no-one's told me anything yet, but I'm getting there Smile

redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 06:37 PM

ulfberg wrote:
I dont like the fact that Alessi and mags seems to enjoy when others express that they are not happy in clowns.. Do you want many others to feel that way because YOU did not make it into the raidteam? Pls stop already. We went trough all this when we wanted to merge the 2 guilds. It will be persons that can not make the raiding team. Sad for them. If you want to raid post something about it and of it goes.. Logging in asking for group will at many times not give you a group and if you know if wont why not make a post for the things you need done and gather a group.. Hell call me if you need to and Ill help you Smile

Regards

Ulf

I really don't know were you have seen or heard that either myself or Alessi are happy when others are not happy what total tosh you talk.
It has nothing to do with either of us not getting into the raid team. Its about there being nothing else in CLOWN but the raid team at the moment.
The reason I posted on this thread is that someone I like within CLOWN is not happy and is thinking about leaving. So someone is not happy and wants to leave do we all just say " bye bye Alessi we are all happy cya" and thats what it came over as from some posts here and it was not nice.
I will repeat "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RAID TEAM" and "AT THE MOMENT THERE IS NO CASUAL CLOWN"

CLOWN TOWN (waypoint -735 -486) Dantooine
ulfberg
The One and Only
The One and Only

ulfberg

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 06:50 PM

So make what ever you want happening to happen then..
I have not been around for last month but really it seems much better
then before merge day anyway does it not? In the dark age of clown it
was only the same 5-6 players doing instances.. Hell I mean if Hefaistos
was not online we where doomed (exagerating some).. Now atleast we
have the numbers for it.. all that is needed is a good kick in the arse of the sleepy ones and some initiativ. make it happen!!

I might be wrong but it seemed to me after reading all your posts and read then trough carefully that you where so eagered to get out the point that ppl where not happy that you where somewhat relived to hear you where not the only one.. thats all.. but lets not make that another flamy discussion. If you have had this on your heart I guess its good to get it out in the open.. but ofc it do tend to sound like you are only angry because being let out of the raidteam.. If that is not the case.. Good! Smile

The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 08:25 PM

I vote Mags for Casual Section RL.

He can make it happen.

Own the problem, make it better.

Minimon
The Young
The Young

Minimon

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 08:31 PM

Just want you all to look at this..... photos.datajack.org/cph0107/

Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 08:37 PM

[quote="ulfberg"]I dont like the fact that Alessi and mags seems to enjoy when others express that they are not happy in clowns..

My God! I can't believe you just said that!!!!!!!

Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 08:39 PM

You are just soo sweet Mini:)

Lightrunner
The Last
The Last

Lightrunner

CLOWN
Administrator
Supporter

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 08:42 PM

Haegl wrote:
I vote Mags for Casual Section RL.

He can make it happen.

Own the problem, make it better.

Would you be up for this Mags?
This is an area that I'm not strong in so would appreciate someone with passion and the noodles to step up to the plate Smile

BlackWidow
The Silver
The Silver

BlackWidow

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:29 PM

Its so sad to see people get so frustrated with things that they feel the only way to go is to leave clown,i for one know this feeling well. I have been in alot of guild i would say more than any one person in clown and this problem is the same in all guilds i have been in. it is 1 of the main reasons i end up leaving cause it make people feel isolated, Auto hits it on the head realy it dont take 2 sec to say sorry i cant come or, that u got some RL things to do or even just say yes i can come with an alt. In my travels from guild to guild i have found that the more succsesfulll they become the further up there own arses they end up, always thinking what is in it for them and not thinking about the guild, to me guilds should not be called guilds it should be clicks united as everyone tends to end up in a click and these groups do stuff together normaly not thinking of anyone outside it.
to me a guild means that people within it help the fellow guild members not cause they get things out of it but cause they give something back to the guild, i have help lots of clowns and have recieved lots of help myself i find the more you do help people the more people will offer to help you when its needed, this is the whole reason for guilds, i have been told in the past that guilds are only there to get raids formrd, what utter bullshit, if someone cant go out of there way for 1 night or even a few hours to help a guild member then to me they should not be in a guild. i do agree that you could lead by example and put a run up on the web but more often than not this does not work cause ppl do not always frequent the forums.

"help your felow guild members, dont think whats in it for you, smile at the thanks you get for your trouble and never forget that 1 day you may need help and these peopel would always remeber your kindness", not everyone has a bag full of people they can ask upon. your in a guild that guild is called CLOWN and your all part of the bigger picture, if you do not feel this way my suggestion is go find a hard arsed guild that dont give a shit cause that all you are to your fellow clown.

I only know of 1 guild that activaly goes out of its way to help its members and that is Tainted, think on this that the more ppl are keyed up and attuned the more ppl you can call upon when you may need that healer or dps or tank also ppl do not always raid shit happens and people come and go so the more you have the bigger the pool of prople you can pull in when needed, there more u can keep a raid team within in a guild the more stable that becomes, help ppl train them up teach them what ever it takes and you will then be a proud guild that leads by its own standards and the more peopel hear of this the more you will become respected, i for 1 appalude any guild that would do this as it is not the norm in wow by along stretch.I could say dont be like the rest, be the best, but that sounds corny lol but true never the less

Help a clown a day, feel proud to be that way Smile

PS for anyone who dont know i am back on allaince lvling a shaman (Dreane ftw), mainly cause of the reasons allessi is going through, i got pissed of with all the self centered people in guilds and have took time away from raiding to enjoy the task of just doing stressless stuff with no feelings of frustration. for me wow has lost alot of things and thats mainly due to the people playing it. Know i am just finding the fun that i had lost long ago. plus the tablets help Smile

Last edited by BlackWidow on Mon May 07, 2007 11:58 PM; edited 2 time in total
<
1 2 3 4
>