Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes!

All Posts
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 01:42 PM
    ----
I want some more CLOWNish quotes on the site. Has anyone heard anything lately that you feel would be fitting?

I'm particularly interested in the origins of some of the raiding stuff like "biff up" and "boon", plus anything from the RL meetings in Copenhagen, Oslo and Gothenburg Smile

#2: Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes! Author: Hefaistos , Location: Jotunheim Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 02:23 PM
    ----
"Look there he is, daaaaaaaaamn u Lieutanant Drake"

Said by an unknown clown on the first encounter with the Lieutanant.

#3: Re: Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes! Author: Lithic , Location: The Last Bastion of Human Sanity Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 02:33 PM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
I'm particularly interested in the origins of some of the raiding stuff like "biff up" and "boon"

Both of these are of Coth origin and have just sort of been assimilated to CLOWN with the recent Coths joining up. Biff up I think is just a typo (U and I being so close together) that caught on because people thought it was funny (biff=beef in swedish), boon I imagine is a version of "loon" that was brough over by the CLOWNs joining Coth way back when and that then got brought back full circle to CLOWN when the Coths came here.

Lot of speculation on my part but I think that's somewhat accurate.

#4: Re: Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes! Author: redbilly , Location: Liverpool Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 02:40 PM
    ----
Adenas wrote:

I'm particularly interested in the origins of some of the raiding stuff like "biff up" and "boon", plus anything from the RL meetings in Copenhagen, Oslo and Gothenburg Smile

I think the word Boon was used in Coth as its the reverse of Noob and was said mainly when someone did something Noobish and was proberbly coined by the great Coth Boon Dimble and not by an ex CLOWN as a version of Loon
Last edited by redbilly on Tue Jun 05, 2007 02:42 PM; edited 1 times in total

#5: Quotes! My kingdom for some quotes! Author: Lithic , Location: The Last Bastion of Human Sanity Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 02:41 PM
    ----
Ah might very well be true billy, was mostly speculation on my part based on when it started showing up and who I generally saw it coming from.

Forum IndexClown Hall
Page 1 of 1