Technical devices to enhance gameplay

All Posts
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 05:28 AM
    ----
Thought we could have a thread with shared findings and experiences on technical devices that enhance gameplay.

I'll start.

Used a ZBOARD for some time,

later switched to a Nostromo n52.

ZBOARD:
Ive used for quite some time now. It works really well. The "action" keys are placed rather nice and I prefer to use that setting over a regular keyboard.

On the downside is the regular keys. Dont know why the key layout is somewhat shifted in the middle. Theres defenitly space to have put em like on a regular keyboard. Hence I never typed on it. I used the my old keyboard to type (yep..zboard + reg keyboard installed).

USB connection. Action keysetting swapable for a regular keysetting when you dont game (hence no use for two keyboards). 2 extra usb connections on the back. Easy to intall.

Nostromo N52
It just sat on my desk for ages. I had installed it but never came around to try it until the other night. It felt kinda aquard(sp) to start with (being used to the zboard) but after a few nights this is my favorite! Esay to program all the buttons. This is a winner imho Smile

On the downside is it could prolly be even more perfected. Some of the 8-way thumb buttons are a bit off for me.

USB connection. Easy to program with the shipped software. Easy to intall.

Conclusion:
Ive put away the ZBOARD for now. Using the N52 and my regular keyboard (to type).

ps. Never said anything about my mouse. Thats a Saitek GM2 device. It has a 4way programable thumb hat...hehehe. Been using that one for ages. Couldnt game without it Very Happy Sad thing is they dont make them anymore Sad

#2: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 05:40 AM
    ----
An alternative to the ZBOARD is the new MERC gaming board.

[IMG]http://webstore.ideazon.com/prod_img/KW1NAE3X1ZXP01%2Ejpg[/IMG]

#3: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 05:46 AM
    ----
An alternative to the Nostromo N52 is the new Saitek gaming commander.

#4: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:12 AM
    ----
I've gone for the direct cortical connection.... no nasty hardware just 6 hours of surgery and a little port installed behind my left ear Smile

#5: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:23 AM
    ----
Lightrunner wrote:
I've gone for the direct cortical connection.... no nasty hardware just 6 hours of surgery and a little port installed behind my left ear Smile

Light, you've always been odd Wink

#6: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:24 AM
    ----
I use a new thingy called a QWERTY keyboard. It's very good for games plus allows you to type emails and the like also.

#7: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Fezarus , Location: Somewhere small Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:30 AM
    ----
Great post G.

There a few devices I use too. The first is a very powerful addon that gives you almost god-like powers:

The second makes me content to just enjoy whatever the game throws at me:

#8: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:31 AM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
..emails ...

Email? Whats that? Some new diabolic internet innovation?

#9: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:35 AM
    ----
It's like post except you can send letters when dressed in your pyjamas.

lol@fez Smile
Last edited by Adenas on Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:35 AM; edited 1 times in total

#10: Re: Technical devices to enhance gameplay Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 06:35 AM
    ----
lol fez Very Happy

Forum IndexClown Hall
Page 1 of 1